ESTABLISHED SAFETY PROFILE
The Ferriprox® (deferiprone) safety profile has been established in 70+ studies worldwide2
Ferriprox Twice-A-Day tablets have an established safety profile similar to Ferriprox 500 mg and 1000 mg Three-Times-A-Day tablets.
Ferriprox has 20 years of worldwide post-marketing experience (8 in the US) and over 98,000 patient-years of use.2
Agranulocytosis and neutropenia
- In clinical trials of 642 Ferriprox-treated patients:
– agranulocytosis occurred in 1.7% of patients
– neutropenia occurred in 6.2% of patients
- Fatal agranulocytosis can occur with Ferriprox use. Ferriprox can also cause neutropenia, which may foreshadow agranulocytosis
†† Defined as a single drop in neutrophil count below 1.5 x 109/L, which was not confirmed as neutropenia.
Monitoring your patients on Ferriprox is straightforward1,6 :
Plasma zinc concentration frequency: If necessary
- Decreased plasma zinc concentrations have been observed in patients on Ferriprox